Conclusions from the Amsterdam Declaration
The conference recognized the good progress made in establishing a common European drone services market.
The European institutions and industry are urged to continue their work. In particular, the conference urges that priority be given to:
- Providing support to Member States in the implementation of the European drone regulations;
- Developing, in close cooperation with Member States and all stakeholders, an institutional framework for a competitive U-space services market and how drones need to be operated in the Single European Sky;
- Developing European product standards for drones and of other standards to meet the European performance requirements taking into account the global dimension;
- Supporting cities in their efforts to provide a fertile ground for innovative multimodal solutions integrating the 3rd dimension into their urban planning processes;
- Developing communication and promotion material for information campaigns to all drone users and other actors involved in drone operations such as local authorities;
- Further enhancing the European U-space Demonstrator Network to speed up the opening of the drone services network;
- Investing in the necessary research and development activities that are a key enabler for the growth of safe, secure and green drone operations in Europe.